Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Peaceful Walk in the Woods

This is the second time I have traveled this path. Both times has brought me great joy walking through the many diverse ecosystems of this area.


The start of my hike is a descent.  The trails quickly changes to walking under a canopy of  young redwood trees.



I stop to listen to the forest.


After reaching the floor of the evergreen woods, I walk along the boardwalk to quickly leave the hustle of the Muir Woods.


I start my ascent through the deciduous forest.


The climb out of the forest brings me to an interesting place.



The view from the wooden walkway is the true beauty of this spot.




I enter the forest again to continue the climb.


Many steps later, I'm rewarded with a spectacular view. Somewhere out there is the ocean.


A touch of color among the harsh browns delights me.


Back under the canopy with what looks to be Bavaria, I continue the climb.




I'm surprised at how quickly the landscape changes.




Just at the top of the trail awaits a wonderful bench.


I sit to take in the view from where I have traveled. 


Just before my journey ends, I'm rewarded with another beauty of life.






No comments:

Post a Comment