Friday, October 3, 2014

RV Shopping

...is different from food shopping. RV shopping can be as fun as candy shopping, but it cost much more than a delicious truffle.

At first, researching and learning about the different classes of RVs can be a wee bit intimidating and daunting. Since the Class A RVs are humongous buses, those were immediately eliminated. My husband and I wanted something small enough that we can store on the side of our house or on the driveway when not in use. So, we started with the idea of a van. I quickly realized that I wouldn't like making the bed into a sofa each morning. Plus, the vans are way out of our price range. They are just too expensive for the small size.


I then started looking at the Class C, but they are too large to store on our property. I did fall in love with the ugly Lazy Daze RVs since they have large windows in the dining area for that unobstructed view of the great outdoors. That's the reason for camping...viewing the nature.


 But the Lazy Daze is just too dang big; so, that was out. Even this cool red one.



Then we started to research Casitas and Escapes since they were small and light enough to tow. Those are the cute fiberglass RVs that look like eggs.


But the space in the "Eggs" are too small...



...and by then I had decided that I wanted something with much larger windows. Plus, my husband wanted a dry bath.

While having my routine dental cleaning, the hygienist and I discussed travel trailers. She owns a lightweight travel trailer that I hadn't heard of. I went home with new information, and my husband researched lightweight travel trailers with a slide. Lance makes a lightweight travel trailer with a slide that was just the right size and has a layout that we love.


After numerous hours looking at Lance travel trailers, we purchased a Lance 1575. More photos will be posted after we pick up the trailer from the dealer. They are cleaning, inspecting, and getting the trailer ready for our first RV camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment